SHARE


Michael
Chandler
is staying with the promotion where he made his
name.

The former lightweight champion has signed a new multi-fight
contract with Bellator MMA. Terms of the deal were not disclosed,
but Chandler had been involved in a lengthy negotiation process
with the California-based organization after completing his
previous deal in April. Sherdog.com confirmed the news with a
promotion official on Wednesday following an initial report from

ESPN.com
.

Chandler lost his lightweight belt at Bellator 180 after suffering
a freak injury against Brent
Primus
. The 32-year-old has since rebounded to post
back-to-back wins over Goiti
Yamauchi
and Brandon
Girtz
. Chandler has been fighting for Bellator since 2010 and
has posted a 15-4 mark within the promotion.

“I’m happy that we were able t come to terms with Michael
Chandler
on a new fight contract,” Coker told ESPN. “He’s had a
ton of great fights with us already, is a great representative for
the brand and there’s something to be said about him being with the
Bellator family as long as he has.

“One day, Michael will be a part of Bellator’s ‘Mount Rushmore.’ He
is truly in the prime of his career, so now I look forward to
sitting down with the team and putting together a plan for when
fans can expect to see Michael in big fights soon.”


LEAVE A REPLY