The January window is just hours away from slamming shut! Transfer Talk brings you live updates on all the latest rumours and done deals. Plus, check out the completed moves.
TOP STORY: Leicester set Mahrez asking price
Manchester City are ready to pull off a stunning deadline day move for Riyad Mahrez to prove their spending power once again, but the Mirror reports that they will have to meet Leicester City’s £90 million asking price to do so.
“I have interest in a lot of players,” Pep Guardiola said when pushed on his interest in the Algerian. “The window is open until the 31st.
“I spoke many times with club to see what is best with the players we have. We have just three strikers, with Raheem, for next month or month and a half. We have to find solutions.”
The Blues will lose Leroy Sane for up to seven weeks and as a result will test the Foxes’ resolve with a £50m bid. And while that is well short of the club’s valuation, Mahrez handing in a transfer request — as has been reported on Sky Sports — may force Leicester to ease their stance.
MIRROR SPORT: City’s new Mahrvel #tomorrowspaperstoday pic.twitter.com/1kZN8NjD1K
— Neil Henderson (@hendopolis) January 30, 2018
Zlatan set for Galaxy switch
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has signed an agreement to join the LA Galaxy with the Mail reporting the Manchester United star penned the deal three weeks ago.
Jose Mourinho has revealed that he will not stand in the way of the Swede from pursuing a new adventure, should he wish to leave Old Trafford.
Ibrahimovic’s deal with the Red Devils expires in June, meaning he will miss the start of the MLS season in March unless there is a deal in place with United too.
Ibrahimovic’s second season at Old Trafford has been disappointing despite low expectations following his serious knee ligament injury.
But despite Romelu Lukaku’s struggles at times, United signed Alexis Sanchez this month to effectively signal the end of any hopes of a starring role under Mourinho for the remainder of the season.
Real target Icardi
Real Madrid are targeting Mauro Icardi with Corriere dello Sport reporting that Los Blancos are tracking the Inter Milan star.
The Argentina international could front a new look attack with Florentino Perez rumoured to be ready to rip up the two-time reigning Champions League holders with Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema’s futures all uncertain.
Icardi’s national team manager Jorge Sampaoli has confirmed that “he is being followed by Real.”
The Nerazzurri will hope to hold on to their captain as one of their only world-class players as they battle to return to the Champions League with a top-four finish this season.
– Danny Ings certainly won’t be leaving Liverpool in January, with Jurgen Klopp laughing off move questions from reporters after Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Huddersfield.
“It would be funny if someone calls for Ingsy. I would love to respond,” Klopp said. “No chance. We will see what happens. There’s no chance Ingsy is on the market tomorrow. Only if I’m unconscious! Maybe something happens.”
– Andre Ayew appears close to a return to Swansea City — David Moyes confirmed as much after West Ham’s 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace on Tuesday.
“We have had a bid from Swansea and we are considering it,” Moyes said.
– Inter Milan could be set to give the green light for a big-money move that will send Marcelo Brozovic to Sevilla, reports Gianluca Di Marzio.
The Croatian, who has agreed to the move, will cost €1m on loan with an obligation to buy set at €28m.
– West Ham will attempt to wrestle Lille captain Ibrahim Amadou away from Crystal Palace before Wednesday’s deadline, reports the Mirror.
– Inter Milan are growing concerned that they will be unable to push the Javier Pastore deal over the line before the transfer deadline, with Tuttosport reporting they have identified a backup target.
Nico Gaitan is the Nerazzurri’s Plan B, should they be unable to sign the Paris Saint-Germain star, following the Atletico Madrid star snubbing a move to Swansea.
– Manchester United defender Daley Blind has been given the green light to seal a move to Roma, reports Corriere dello Sport, with the Dutch international an ideal replacement for Chelsea’s latest signing Emerson Palmieri.
The Brazilian left-back was unveiled by the champions on Tuesday and Blind can offer cover for first choice Aleksandar Kolarov, as well as an option at centre-back and in midfield.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.